The Long Hill Township Police Department, will be accepting applications for the position of Class II Special Law Enforcement Officer. Applicants must already possess a PTC Class II Certification and at least 6 college credits or 3 years military experience.
Applications are available at the Long Hill Township Police Department, 264 Mercer Street, Stirling, NJ 07980 or at http://longhillnj.gov/ police department home page. Applications must be returned by mail or in person before April 20, 2015 to the Long Hill Township Police Department. The position available is 27.5 hours a week at $20.00 an hour. www.facebook.com/LHPDNJ
HARDING TWP. PD - SLEO II - Click here for more information.
Borough of Highland Park PD
The Borough of Highland Park Police Department will be accepting resumes for the position of Police Officer. Applicants must possess a current Police Training Commission (PTC) certificate. A copy of the candidate’s Police Training Certificate is to accompany each resume, along with a completed Preliminary Application. For additional details and to access a preliminary application, go to www.hpboro.com. Preliminary applications are also available at Highland Park Borough Hall Clerk’s Office,
The Riverton Police Department is accepting applications regarding an anticipated opening for the position of full-time police officer. The starting salary will be dependent upon the provisions of the current labor contract, training, certifications, prior experience and education as applicable. To be considered for appointment to this position, the applicant must meet the following eligibility requirements.
Except as otherwise provided by law, no person shall be appointed as a member of the Police Department unless he or she:
1. Is at least 18 years of age
2. Is a citizen of the United States
3. Is a resident of the State of New Jersey at the time of appointment and possesses a valid New Jersey driver's license
4. Is of good health and able to pass a medical examination that satisfies guidelines provided by the N.J. Police Training Commission.
5. Is of sound mind and is able to successfully pass psychological testing establishing fitness for duty as a police officer.
6. Is able to read, write and speak the English language well and intelligently.
7. Is of good moral character, and has not been convicted of any criminal offense involving moral turpitude. (The applicant will be required to submit to a criminal background check to determine eligibility for employment).
8. Is able to successfully pass a comprehensive background investigation.
9. Must have completed the N.J. State certified police training program.
To apply for this position you must send a copy of your resume by 1/26/2015 to:
Chief John Shaw
Riverton Police Department
501 Fifth Street
Riverton, NJ 08077
All resumes will be reviewed and applicants will be notified if they are selected to move to the next step of the hiring process. Thank you for your interest in employment with the Riverton Police Department. Please do not call Police Headquarters. You will be contacted if you are selected to advance to the next step